Dental implants are a tooth replacement system that includes a new root and replacement tooth designed to match your other teeth. Most implants are permanent, but you may be able to get removable implants as well. After tooth loss, why do many people choose to get an implant rather than using dentures or a bridge?
- Improved Experience: Dentures can cause mumbled speech when they do not have a good fit. A poor fitting denture can also lead to sore gums. Implants, on the other hand, do not have the same worries. You do not have to worry about your fake teeth moving around because this new tooth is actually fused to your jawbone.
- Natural Appearance: Your dentist can match the shape and color of your implant to that of your real teeth. In other words, your replacement tooth will look, and even feel, like a real tooth.
- Boosted Confidence: Missing teeth can lead to a low self-esteem. Getting good-looking replacements, however, can return your desire to smile.
- More Convenience: If you have ever had dentures, you may know the pain of removing your fake teeth before you eat. With permanent dental implants, you do not have to go through this awkward social encounter. Instead, you can eat as you would have with your natural teeth.
- Better Durability: The implant also offers a durable solution to missing teeth. Implants can last years and if taken care of properly, a lifetime. You will be able to eat, floss and brush as if nothing has changed.
Tooth loss can happen for a number of reasons. Gum disease and tooth decay are common problems in older adults, but even young people can sustain an injury or have congenitally missing teeth. Dental implants provide a convenient, good-looking alternative to bridges and dentures. No matter why you are missing teeth, talk with your dentist to find out if implants are a good option for you.
Contact us Today With Any Questions
The practice’s primary dentist, Dr. Catherine Dulay Lichtenstein, began practicing dentistry in 2009. While getting her dental degree she was awarded the Dr. William Starek Award for outstanding achievement in endodontics and the Dr. Donald McElroy Endodontic award for extra work in endodontics and professional behavior. With her knowledge and experience, Dr. Catherine Dulay Lichtenstein, and the entire dental staff are dedicated to providing high-quality dental care to patients of all ages. The dental office is equipped with the most up-to-date dental equipment and staffed with experienced dental professionals in order to help your children learn the importance of proper dental hygiene. Call us today for a free consultation (215) 874-0888.