Good Oral Health Starts with Early Habits
Top Dental Crowns Dentist in North Wales, Montgomeryville, Lansdale, Chalfont & Surrounding
Most parents are aware of how to care for their own teeth, but have concerns regarding their children’s oral health. Pediatric dentists are professionals who are trained specifically on how to care for a child’s teeth. Consulting a pediatric or childrens dentist about your child’s oral care is the best way to educate yourself on how to prevent cavities or other oral health issues.
Children’s teeth are much different than an adult’s teeth, which is why establishing a relationship with a pediatric dentist is an important step in maintaining your child’s oral health. Family dentists can recommend specific methods of care, educate you on important milestones, and recommend the best oral hygiene products for your child. Smilestone Dental Medicine offers a wide array of dental services for every age, so you don’t have to worry about your child’s oral health.
Searching the Web for “Childrens Dentists Near Me”?
Here are five things about children’s oral health all parents should know:
- The First Checkup
- Your child should visit a dentist when his or her first tooth comes in and no later than the first birthday. It’s extremely important to develop a relationship with a dentist you trust early in your child’s life.
- When to Start Brushing
- You should begin brushing a baby’s teeth as soon as they appear. There are special brushes available for infants and their teeth should be brushed before bed every night. Gums should be cleaned with a soft finger brush or cloth prior to the appearance of baby teeth.
- Are Baby Teeth Actually Important?
- Baby teeth form a growth path for permanent teeth. They help your child talk and chew properly during a pivotal learning and growth period. Taking care of baby teeth is just as important as caring for adult teeth.
- How Often to Get a Checkup
- Just like adults, children should be seen twice a year for cleanings and exams. Maintaining a child’s oral health is largely preventative and can keep them from having uncomfortable procedures later on.
- When to Begin Using Toothpaste
- As soon as the first baby tooth erupts, dentists recommend using toothpaste. A tiny amount is plenty until the child is three-years-old. Increase to a pea-size drop from ages 3-6 and use an age-appropriate toothbrush. This helps ensure that a child’s teeth are cleaned properly, and they avoid having sore gums from a toothbrush that is too large.
Best Children’s Dentist Serving Montgomery County Bucks County & Surrounding
At Smilestone Dental Medicine we are a professional group of dentists who are trained in the oral care of all ages. Smilestone Dental Medicine is a family dental practice in the North Wales Lansdale and Gwynedd Valley area. Our group is dedicated to maintaining healthy smiles for the whole family. For more information or for oral health educational tips call us today to schedule your next appointment with our children’s dentist Dr. Kimberly Curtis, please contact our dental office today. Our caring and friendly staff will be happy to assist you in any way we can.